Friday, March 12, 2010

36 weeks

The day after our Baby Shower I had my 36 week check up. My doctor did a routine Group B Strep test. It is a bacterium that can be found in healthy women, and the test is performed like a pap smear. It is different than the Group A Strep, which causes the throat infection. There are no symptoms, and really causes no problems at all. If tested positive they will just give you an IV during labor so there are no risks to your baby. My test was negative.

She also listened to the heartbeat again. Everything was good and normal. It was funny though because he was moving around a lot when she was listening and she said, "Boy he's pretty active today isn't he? I can see him moving around."

She checked to see how he was positioned and he was head down...so that's good! He really is pretty active now. When my aunts were here from out of town he would put on a show, and we would all watch my belly as he rolled all over the place. It's lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment