Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Final Three (38 weeks)

I had my 38 week check up on the 15th. Everything was good again blood pressure, baby's heart rate etc, etc. Just out of curiosity I asked my doctor how many babies she has delivered. She said that she's been out of residency since 1991 or so, and if she would make a low estimate of about 100 babies per year then that would make it about 2000 babies! WOW that's a lot of babies. But then she said that sometimes during her residency she would sometimes deliver 10 babies a day, so she would be in and out of rooms delivering all over the place. So she's probably delivered over 2000!! That's crazy. What an interesting profession! But then she was saying how it was very interesting but every once in a while it would be nice if she had a job making tiddly winks or something easy and less stressful, because peoples' lives are in her hands (God forbid anything like that would happen.)

So she told me I was creeping high on her list because she usually keeps a list of her patients and there are a few women who are due ahead of me. Anyway wouldn't it be interesting to have a profession where you left in the morning saying "Bye see you later I just have to go to the office to deliver a baby...be back soon." HAHA! Boy am I glad I have a low stress job!

No comments:

Post a Comment